The rankings, compiled by the magazine Reitingai, pick leaders in ten groups, including best schools, public universities, private education institutions, colleges and primary schools.
Vilnius University, the country's biggest higher education institution, continues topping the ranking of public universities, while the ISM University of Management and Economics emerged as the best private education institution.
Reitingai has also ranked secondary schools, classifying them into two groups: those who get to pick their students and those that enrol everyone within the area they serve. Vilnius Lyceum is number-one school in the former category, while Klaipėda Lyceum, a relatively new institution, leads in the latter.
Researchers who compiled the rankings used a number of criteria to assess each institution's merits, including the quality of study programmes, standardized testing results, achievements of the academic staff, reputation with employers, student evaluation and others.
Best public universities:
1. Vilnius University
2. Kaunas University of Technology
3. Lithuanian University of Health Sciences (Kaunas)
4. Vytautas Magnus University (Kaunas)
5. Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
Best private universities:
1. ISM University of Management and Economics (Vilnius)
2. LCC International University (Klaipėda)
3. European Humanities University (Vilnius)
Best schools (with student selection):
1. Vilnius Lyceum
2. KTU Gymnasium (Kaunas)
3. Vilnius Jesuit Gymnasium
Best schools (without student selection):
1. Klaipėda Lyceum
2. Panevėžys Juozas Balčikonis Gymnasium
3. Vilnius Sholem Aleichem ORT Gymnasium
Best public colleges:
1. Vilnius College
2. Kaunas College
3. Kaunas College of Technology
Best private colleges:
1. Vilnius College of Design
2. Lithuanian Business College (Klaipėda)
3. College of Social Sciences (Klaipėda)