Budučnost came to Kaunas without their youngster talent Goda Bitadze, most efficient player in the team. They will face Žalgiris without Peter Popovic, Filipo Borovic, Suad Sehovic and Sead Sehovic. All of them went to help Montenegro in World Cup qualification, Topsport wrote in a press release.
Budučnost also lost Milica Sterovlah and Nikola Ivanovic due to injuries. While Dailo Nikolic is questionable for the game and decision will be made right before the match.
Žalgiris' head coach Šarūnas Jasikevičius admitted that it is very difficult to prepare for this exact game, as they do not have enough information about their opponents. Budučnost have to replace half of the roster just for this game. Although, Jasikevičius and basketball insiders all agree on one thing: Žalgiris have to deal with their problems first.
This season Žalgiris struggles to close the games as their opponents usually goes on the run at the fourth quarter. Although, fatigue is not a problem, as Jasikevičius uses one of the biggest rotations in Euroleague. Because of the struggles at the end of the games, Žalgiris lost seven out of last eight games.
After Leo Westermann got hurt, Žalgiris hit the biggest wall of the season. French point guard's creativity and clutch gene at the end of the possessions helped Žalgiris to close the games more successfully. Although, Westermann is showing recovery signs and he starts to look like his old self. If Westermann can get back to shape he was before injury, Žalgiris may get on time for the last push for the playoffs.
After three straight losses in Euroleague and defeat in King Mindaugas cup final, Žalgiris can finally get back on winning track tonight.
Budučnost are in very tough situation. They lost huge part of the team and now they have only theoretical chances to make the playoffs. With eight games left on the schedule, Budučnost are five games behind the eight spot. Although, they still have a lot to play for, as amount of wins determines what kind of money injection team gets after the season from Euroleague.
Budučnost kept their opponents under 80 points 12 times this season. Seven out of that 12 games they got a win. On the other hand, when their opponents scores 80 or more, Buducnost lost nine of the 10 games.
Budučnost is third worst team on opponents rebounds. Budučnost allows their opponents to get 34.8 rebounds. This number can get greater without Bitadze. Forward gets 6.6 rebounds a game.
Although, Budučnost proved that it can be a very dangerous team when they defeated Real Madrid 73:60 and got their third straight win after beating Gran Canaria Herbalife 75:70.
Even though Žalgiris has their own problems, they should get an easy win at home. TOPsport gives Zalgiris 76% to win this game, while Budučnost chances are rated at 24%.
TOPsport clients that decided to bet on this game believes in Žalgiris’ abilities. 95% of bets were placed on Žalgiris win, while only other 5% on Budučnost.